Retail and customer service has had a bad reputation for years. Regrettably, many of the newer people in retail sales in the last ten or fifteen years has made that rep even worse.
It might serve, then, to learn that some of the better known actors used to work retail / customer service.
- Nicole Kidman is a former massage therapist.
- Johnny Depp confessed that he was a (really bad) pen salesman.
- Channing Tatum used to work as a stripper. (And then he made a movie about it.)
- Connie Britton taught aerobics while she auditioned for roles in NYC.
- Chace Crawford was a parking valet in Los Angeles.
- Amy Adams used to be a Hooters girl!
- Hugh Jackman used to dress up as a clown for birthday parties.
- Whoopi Goldberg used to be a mortuary beautician, meaning shed put makeup on the deceased.
Now, we all know who the above are. Who knows, you might be the next person to join their ranks!
But, only if you dont add to the sagging rep of sales. Forgo that cranky, havent-had-my-coffee-yet attitude. Smile, nod and be nice, even if you have a raging headache. Dont be part of the bad reputation. After all, outside of Sesame Street, who wants to work with a grump?
(My thanks to popsugar.com for their lists.)
What are other interesting things youve learned about retail sales? Talk to me here!